Dos and don’ts for healthy salad recipe
We have established that salads are indeed the wholesome meal, haven’t we? They are packed with health and happiness, which makes them a must in our regular diet. However, if we get the recipe wrong, our healthy bowl could end up being a disaster! To ensure this doesn’t happen to you, let’s talk about the dos and don’ts for a healthy salad recipe:
The dos for a healthy salad recipe:
- Go 2/3: 2 parts of your salad must have raw vegetables and fruits while 1 part can have healthy fats and lean proteins. When you follow this rule, you will have a delicious bowl of salad that will never let you feel like you are missing something.
- Add nuts: Healthy nuts add crunch, flavour, and nutrition to the salad. They up the awesome quotient of your salad quite easily!
- Dry your greens before you use them: Of course you will wash your vegetables before you use them for your salad but if you don’t dry them, they will make your entire salad soggy!
- Use fresh veggies: Vegetables are important sources of many nutrients and hence always recommended to use fresh!
The don’ts for a healthy salad recipe:
- Salad doesn’t mean iceberg lettuce: Many people have the notion that every salad should have iceberg lettuce. Why? Try darker leafy vegetables such as spinach. They will really bring your salad to life.
- Don’t add too many toppings: It is easy for our hand to slip a few times when it comes to toppings. Choose them with care. A good combination of ingredients can win the show.
- Don’t give your salad a dressing bath: Dressings are supposed to make sure that your salad is balanced with taste, texture, and health. Dressings are like sides. You should never overdo them. Otherwise, the whole purpose of a salad is moot.
- You should never choose full-fat: Talking about dressings, let’s make it clear that you should choose them with care and never go full-fat. There are so many options out there! Pick a good low-fat option to bring your salad to life. Avoid mayonnaise!
- Don’t add too much cheese: This is another massive recipe for disaster! A little cheese is more than enough. Why make the whole thing just reek of fatty cheese and nothing else?
- Don’t add more than 2 tsp. of oil: A “drizzle” of olive oil is all you need!
The don’ts giving you a headache? Too much hard work to make the perfect salad? Why not just leave it to us then? We’ll give you the perfect bowls of salads every day 🙂
If you stay in Pune or Pimpri Chinchwad, do subscribe and get the bowls of healthy salad home delivered!